For local homeowners who plan on selling Costa Mesa homes in the near future, this is the time of year when the “peak real estate season” debate is most relevant. The question is whether to list now—when more buyers and sellers are usually active—or to wait until fewer competitors are selling their own Costa Mesa homes.
Homeowners who remain unpersuaded by either camp may look for other signs to help judge the current market prospects. Chief among the most relied-upon measures is quasi-governmental titan Fannie Mae’s Home Purchase Sentiment Index—the composite measure of consumer attitudes and intentions for and about buying and selling a home. The latest findings from April have just been released:
- Optimism reigns: respondents’ opinion that the economy is “On the Right Track” is now at its highest since last November.
- Homeowners vote of confidence: Among current homeowners who will be selling their own homes, only slightly more than one in four say they plan to rent their next home: 69% will choose to again buy.
- Price expectations: On average, consumers believe that home sale prices will rise 1.9% over the next 12 months—versus the expectation that rental prices will rise more than twice as fast (5.8%).
- Time to buy: More than half (54%) are convinced that mortgage interest rates will rise versus 7% who expect them to fall.
- Bottom line: Two-thirds—a solid 67% of respondents—say that now is a good time to sell. Fewer than half (26%) believe the opposite: that it’s a bad time to sell.
In case that last seems to be a discussion-ending finding, there is one more relevant consumer opinion. Buyers are split down the middle—47%-48%—on whether now is a good time to buy. Since we know that sellers greatly prefer to buy their next home rather than to rent, it does make their decision a little more complicated.
If you are pondering your own Costa Mesa real estate initiative, keeping abreast of up-to-the-moment local market results will help ground your decision. We are always ready to supply the latest market intelligence—as always, with no obligation. So don’t wait: call!
We are built on a philosophy of Heritage & Hustle. The L3 is a full service real estate agency with a regional office located in the heart of #CostaMesa, offering a wide-array of custom services to meet their clients’ needs with roots in the community since 1976. It’s L3 mission is to provide trusted, convenient, responsive service to ensure clients enjoy their real estate experience. The L3 was originally formed to offer personal, concierge-level service as an alternative to the large, nationally based real estate companies. From its small beginnings of only two employees, The L3 has grown to a full staff of 25 serving over 300 clients a year. The L3 is not limited to serving just its clients; it is also committed to serving the community. Not only has The L3 donated hundreds of hours to many area charities, they have also received the prestige of being named one of the #toprealestatecompaniesinCostaMesa If you’re interested in #buyingorsellinginOrangeCounty, turn to the experts. Turn to The L3 and let them help you make your real estate buying or selling dreams come true. For more information or to get started on finding or selling your home contact The L3 today at 714-444-4663 or email us at email@example.com
The L3, L3 Real Estate, Costa Mesa Real Estate, Huntington Beach Real Estate, The Best Real Estate Company in Costa Mesa, The Best Real Estate Company in Huntington Beach, What is the best real estate company in Costa Mesa, What is the best real estate company in Huntington beach, Costa Mesa, Huntington Beach